Book Sales 2023:
Thursday 3 - 6 PM:
Saturday 9:30 AM-1 PM
Plus more sales coming
*Friends Members shop first!
1 - 3 PM Thursday
Monthly Book Sales
- The Summer Reading Program had 1,000 participating readers with local businesses donating $3,000 gift cards and prizes.
- November is Native American Heritage Month at the library with Taino of Florida on Saturday, November 5th and Timucua of Volusia on Monday, November 7th.
- A new refrigerator is being purchased for the monthly cooking classes.
- The membership currently has 322 members for the Bookstore with an increase of 22 from June.
- 2,126 seed packets were made for the successful seed library’s project. The seeds were donated by the public donations and from the Deland Garden Club purchases.
- The library is hosting. Volunteer Tea for Library volunteers on Wednesday, Dec 7th 2 p.m. at the library.
Filling the entire auditorium, a monthly book sale is held on the second Thursday evening and Friday and Saturday
of each month. Conveniently displayed on tables, the books and videos are arranged by subject. All are in good
condition and economically priced. The collections include discards and gifts from individuals. Paperbacks and
children’s books are available as well as many hardbacks. Circle your calendar for the upcoming dates. We welcome all donations, Books, CDs, Vinyl Records, DVDs, Games, Puzzles, etc. No magazines. We can pick up your donations, Call 386-822-6430 ext. 20755 for more information.
The Friends have a book store located at the library that opened in January 2014. A large variety of bargain priced
books are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 3:30. There are also many CDs, DVDs
and children's books. Come visit us. We welcome your book donations.
More displays from DeLand - in Teen Zone